Diamond Tone Hole Files
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Sax
Starting at $44.28
These are the smoothest, fastest cutting files you can buy. Nothing compares to diamonds.
The rotary tone hole file set comes with 6 machined discs ranging from 18mm to 50mm in diameter (suitable for Altos & Tenors). The discs can be used to check the flatness of a tone hole by placing a disc (bare metal side down) over a tonehole and using a leak light. To file down high spots of a tone hole, the file is placed on the tonehole and turned with a wrench while applying pressure.
Smaller files can be stacked under larger files to act as a pilot for centering the file on the tonehole.Learn More
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Flute
Starting at $13.80These high quality finishing discs are made of precision surface ground steel with diamonds embedded directly into the metal. Learn More
- Individual Diamond Tone Hole File Replacement Skins
Starting at $25.30Individual Diamond Tone Hole File Replacement Skins Learn More
- Drill File Extension
Starting at $6.90This hardened steel drill driver is essential when using our technique of filing tone holes with a drill. Drill filing tone holes is the fastest and most accurate method of leveling saxophone tone holes. Learn More
- Pilot Set$57.44Out of stock
This Tone Hole Pilot Set contains 20 Delrin pilot discs manufactured at MusicMedic in Wilmington, NC.Learn More
- Tone Hole Checker Set$133.40Out of stock
Beautiful, sleek, stainless steel. We created these in the Sax ProShop and have been using them for years.Learn More
- Complete Tone Hole File Set$477.25Out of stock
The Complete Tone Hole Set now includes:
- Complete set of 6 medium grit files for altos and tenors.
- The large 2 1/2" medium grit baritone sax file.
- 27 pilot set. 20 plus 7 additional Jim Schmidt Pilots
- UltiMax Lubricant, for oiling the files while cutting.
- Wrench driver with handle for hand filing.
- 9" drill driver extension for the bottom stack and bell keys.
- 3" drill driver extension for palm keys, side keys, and top stack.
- 7 mounting screws to save time- one for each file.