MusicMedic.com carries a full line of Woodwind and general repair pliers-
Parallel, DuckBill, Swedging, Post Alignment, Spring Removing, Tone Hole, Post Fitting and Specialty Pliers for work holding, keywork adjustment, and specialty operations.
- Spring Removing Pliers$30.00Woodwind springs that are broken inside a post can be difficult to remove. Tapping out broken springs with a pointed punch can move the post. With these spring removing pliers, pressure is placed on both sides of the post to reduce the possibility of accidentally moving the post while removing the spring. One jaw is rounded to fit the post while the other jaw has a pointed screw to press the spring through the post. Length: 5.5 in. or 140 mm Learn More
- Round Nose Pliers$17.60The smooth round jaws on these pliers are excellent for bending thin metal. Round nose pliers are great for bending springs without kinking the wire. The small tip on these pliers reach into tight spaces where other spring bending pliers will not reach.
Length: 4.5 in. or 114 mm Learn More
- Half Round Pliers$20.00The jaws of these pliers have one flat side and one half round. They are excellent for shaping any metal. These are the primary pliers used in our repair shop to repair damaged tone holes, pad cup rims, guard feet and flanges on both saxophone and flute. They are also excellent for curving needle and flat springs on all woodwind instruments. Learn More
- Parallel Spring Removing Pliers$49.95Out of stock
These beautiful pliers are just plain awesome. If you've ever had to remove a spring that has broken off inside or flush with the post before, you're familiar with the risk of moving the post, scratching the post, and generally how challenging it can be to access the broken spring from the desired angle.Learn More
- Large Duckbill Pliers$26.00A good pair of duckbill pliers is an absolute must for any woodwind repair bench. These high-quality wide jawed pliers are excellent for bending keys, grabbing and holding. The smooth jaws will not mar soft brass. Don`t let our low price fool you, these are excellent duckbill pliers. Length: 6 in. or 152 mm. Width of Tip: .75 in. or 20 mm. Learn More
- Pad Cup and Tone Hole Pliers$29.75Out of stockThese simple but effective pliers make quick work of repairing or rounding tone holes and pad cups. The unique angle on the front of the plier allows you to get into tight spaces when a pad cup or small tone hole rim is bent down. The flat and round jaws of the plier are buffed smooth to work without marring the pad cup or tone hole of any brass bodied instrument. Length: 5.70in. or 145mm Width of Tip: 10.2mm. Learn More
- Small Parallel Pliers$29.95Smoothed jawed parallel pliers. The increased contact surface of these pliers decreases the chances of marring rods and keys while giving a more solid contact between the part and the plier. These pliers are not spring loaded, and have a smaller contoured handle. Learn More
- Medium Parallel Pliers$32.00Our Medium parallel pliers are excellent for all jobs needing a flat surface. The pliers are spring loaded for easier handling and feature a textured handle. These pliers feel good in the hands and the larger surface area keeps a solid grip on parts. The parallel action of these pliers allows for maximum contact with the key or rod surface, minimizing any marring or damage to soft brass key work. Length: 5.5 inches or 13.8 cm Jaw Thickness: 7.6mm Learn More
- Large Nylon Jawed Parallel Pliers - Replacement Pair of Red Nylon Jaws$3.00
- Large Nylon Jawed Parallel Pliers - Pliers$48.00
- Extra Large Parallel Pliers$48.00Our Extra Large parallel pliers have the widest jaws of any woodwind parallel plier available. These are excellent for all jobs needing a wide flat surface. The wide textured handle allows for a comfortable grip and the extra large surface area keeps a solid grip for more leverage on bigger parts. The parallel action of these smooth jaw pliers allows for maximum contact with the key or rod surface, minimizing any marring or damage to soft key work. This plier is available in three sizes, no shop should be without them all!
Length: 6.5 inches or 16.51 cm
Jaw Thickness: 10.26mm Learn More
- Chain Nose Parallel Pliers
Starting at $28.00
These are the go-to pliers for most repair shops, and are one of our favorite all around pliers because of its versatility. The hard coated tapered steel jaws feature a small working surface at the tip to allow you to get into tight spaces. The parallel jaw action gives you a solid grip and aids in bending keywork and springs. The handle is sprung, but the springs are easily removable to suit your preference. Try coating the jaws with leather or teflon to reduce marring on keywork. The Small Chain Nose Pliers are excellent for flute and clarinet work, and the Medium Chain Nose Pliers will work great for saxophone.Learn More