Search results for: 'tone hole files'
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Flute
Starting at $12.00
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Sax
Starting at $38.50
These are the smoothest, fastest cutting files you can buy. Nothing compares to diamonds.
The rotary tone hole file set comes with 6 machined discs ranging from 18mm to 50mm in diameter (suitable for Altos & Tenors). The discs can be used to check the flatness of a tone hole by placing a disc (bare metal side down) over a tonehole and using a leak light. To file down high spots of a tone hole, the file is placed on the tonehole and turned with a wrench while applying pressure.
Smaller files can be stacked under larger files to act as a pilot for centering the file on the tonehole.Learn More
- Complete Tone Hole File Set$415.00
The Complete Tone Hole Set now includes:
- Complete set of 6 medium grit files for altos and tenors.
- The large 2 1/2" medium grit baritone sax file.
- 27 pilot set. 20 plus 7 additional Jim Schmidt Pilots
- UltiMax Lubricant, for oiling the files while cutting.
- Wrench driver with handle for hand filing.
- 9" drill driver extension for the bottom stack and bell keys.
- 3" drill driver extension for palm keys, side keys, and top stack.
- 7 mounting screws to save time- one for each file.
- Individual Diamond Tone Hole File Replacement Skins
Starting at $22.00
- Pad Cup and Tone Hole Pliers$29.75These simple but effective pliers make quick work of repairing or rounding tone holes and pad cups. The unique angle on the front of the plier allows you to get into tight spaces when a pad cup or small tone hole rim is bent down. The flat and round jaws of the plier are buffed smooth to work without marring the pad cup or tone hole of any brass bodied instrument. Length: 5.70in. or 145mm Width of Tip: 10.2mm. Learn More
- Wooden File Handle$2.75For some, there is no substitute for a good wooden file handle. The smooth and rounded edges of this file fit the hand very well. Press the end of your file in to the hole in the handle of this tool and tap it in place with a mallet. Remove the file and reuse the handle when the file becomes dull.
Length: 4.25 inches or 11.0cm. Learn More
- Theo Wanne Refacing Files and Sanding Tools$59.95
- Small Wooden File Handle$6.25Out of stock
For some, there is no substitute for a good wooden file handle. The smooth and rounded edges of this file fit the hand very well. 1/8 inch brass collet end for comfortably holding the small Swiss files. Move the file handle from file to file without tools.
Length: 4.25 inches or 11.0cm.Learn More
- Plastic File Handle$4.50This heavy duty file handle will last through the life of many files. Insert the file into the threaded end of the handle and screw into place. The file self centers and will not move once in place. To remove the file from the handle unscrew the file from the handle and insert a new file.
Length: 4 inches or 101mm. Learn More
- Jim Schmidt Gold Flute Pads - Closed Hole - Individual Pads - Closed Hole
Starting at $9.00
Jim Schmidt Gold Flute Pads - Closed Hole - Individual Pads - Closed Hole
All Jim Schmidt pads are custom made, and orders can take up to two weeks to fulfill.Learn More
After placing your order we will contact you to get specific information about your instrument including make, model, and serial number.