Search results for: 'screw'
- Plastic File Handle$4.50This heavy duty file handle will last through the life of many files. Insert the file into the threaded end of the handle and screw into place. The file self centers and will not move once in place. To remove the file from the handle unscrew the file from the handle and insert a new file.
Length: 4 inches or 101mm. Learn More
- Screwdriver and Pad Prick Set$11.75
A great screw driver and pad prick set for a the do-it-yourselfer or for a anyone on the go. Perfect for emergencies and quick repairs. Small enough to keep in the accessory compartment of a woodwind case.
-1 steel handle
-4 slotted blades - .055”/.070”/.080”/.100”
-1 steel awl
Packed in a small plastic tube to keep all the parts secure in your case or on your bench.Learn More
- Large Nylon Jawed Parallel Pliers - Pliers$48.00
- Silicone Cord
Starting at $2.20Silicone cord is similar to Neoprene in size and shape but is a slightly softer material. Technicians looking for materials with the same properties as neoprene but with the reduced noise of a softer material should try silicone. The larger sizes of cord are used for rotor stops on brass instruments and the smaller sizes are used in woodwind repair. Use Silicone to replace corks, adjustment screws and felts on an instrument. Sold in three foot lengths. Learn More
- Double-Sided Pin Vise with Hex Heads$8.00This double-sided collet pin vise is excellent for holding small parts. The knurled handle and hex heads make holding and clamping simple, as a wrench can be used. Although there is a collet head on both sides, one head can be removed to take advantage of the thru-hole handle when working with longer screws or rods. The collets in this vise are keyed to keep them from rotating in the handle. Collets will hold parts .1" or 2.5mm and smaller. Handle length with both heads attached: 4" (100mm) Learn More
- Alisyn Heavy Duty Key Oil$4.05Alisyn Heavy Duty Key Oil is a higher viscosity premium synthetic oil that offers performance advantages to professional musicians, repair shops and serious amateurs. It provides rust, friction and wear protection. This oil has been specially formulated to perform on larger and vintage woodwind instruments where tolerances between pivot screws, rod and bearing surfaces may be greater. Give your instrument the care it deserves!
Have you considered MusicMedic.com Ultimax cork Lubricants?0.6 FL. OZ. Learn More
- Ultra Light Precision Tip Tweezers
Starting at $9.75
These light weight, precision tip tweezers make it incredibly convenient for holding, applying, and removing materials. The fine tips allow you to work in tight spaces even on the smallest of instruments. Use these for applying materials, corks, felts, and Ultra Suede, as well as handling flute shims and set screws. Learn MoreJim Schmidt Leakproof Delrin Bushings For Flute
Starting at $1.50These bushings slide on and off smoothly and make shimming an easy job while reducing the likelihood of damaging a pad. The Delrin bushings and plastic retainer screws are essential for making JS pads work because they give you a light feel and allow you to reduce the pressure on the pad skin to prevent wrinkles. Order bushings that are .1mm (.004″) smaller than the outside diameter of the cup chimney Learn MoreSteel Hand Vise$16.49This Steel Hand Vise holds key arms, guards, and small parts firmly for accurate filing, sawing, soldering, polishing, or modifying. With its hexagonal handle, this tool can either be held in the hand, as the name implies, or fastened securely in a bench vise. The smooth jaws will not mar keys or other small finished parts. The handle is hollow for small rods to pass through it if necessary. Simply tighten the screw to securely grip the part you are working on. The compact size and nifty design allows you to rotate your work piece quickly and effortlessly. Max Jaw Opening: 5mm (0.197") Jaw Depth: 10.5mm (0.414") Jaw Width: 17.0mm (0.675") Overall Length: 11.5cm (4.50") Learn MoreComplete Tone Hole File Set$405.00Out of stock
The Complete Tone Hole Set now includes:
Heavy Duty Pin Vise$8.50This double-sided pin vise is excellent for general repair shop use. The knurled handle and head are designed to be tightened by hand, making it quick to change tools or parts. The handle is hollow and the diameter of the head is nearly the same as the handle, which makes this an excellent pin vise to use when clearance is an issue. The hollow handle allows this pin vise to be chucked into a bench motor, even when working on a longer rod or screw. Because the threads on the handle of this tool and the collet inside are about the same length, it is possible to modify (cut) this collet making it only slightly longer than the head. This modified and very short collet will fit between posts on woodwind instruments. The steel collets will hold most parts that are 2.5mm (.1") in diameter or smaller. Handle length with both heads attached: 4.25” (108mm) Learn MoreDigital Caliper$25.99Out of stockThis digital caliper is perfect for those technicians who need an accurate measuring tool at a low price. This caliper is easy to use and perfect for the accurate measurement of rods, thread diameter, bore size, key heights pad cups, pads, depth of pad cups, pearls, neck tenons and sockets, springs, material thicknesses and any other application where a precision measurement is needed. This caliper also features a hold button which is especially useful for measuring pad cups on the instrument. The hold button allows you to save a measurement for accurate reading if you have to move the jaws to see the display. This caliper is very similar to the MusicMedic.com caliper and differs only in the temper of the jaws, sliding action and the casing around the digital display. An excellent choice for beginning technicians.
- Complete set of 6 medium grit files for altos and tenors.
- The large 2 1/2" medium grit baritone sax file.
- 27 pilot set. 20 plus 7 additional Jim Schmidt Pilots
- UltiMax Lubricant, for oiling the files while cutting.
- Wrench driver with handle for hand filing.
- 9" drill driver extension for the bottom stack and bell keys.
- 3" drill driver extension for palm keys, side keys, and top stack.
- 7 mounting screws to save time- one for each file.
- Lightweight, ergonomic design
- Inch/millimeter conversion reads .0005" or 0.01mm
- Easy access to the single long-life battery
- Last measuring position retained when shut off
- Hardened stainless measuring surfaces for long life
- Fine adjustment thumb wheel
- Lock screw to hold the slide in position
- Resolution: .0005" (0.01mm)
- Zero at any position
- Extra easy-to-read LCD, .44" high characters
- Integrated depth rod
- Hold Button for accurate measurements in tough to read situations
Range: 0-6 Inches (0-150mm)
Approx. Jaw Depth 1 1/2 Inches outside, 5/8 Inch inside (38mm, 15.89mm) Learn MoreWoodwind Screwdriver
Starting at $11.55
As most technicians know, a good screwdriver is hard to find. Having the right size screwdriver for the job makes all the difference.First rate German construction means these screwdrivers are appropriate for daily repair shop use.The shafts are Chrome-Molybdenum-Vanadium steel for exceptional strength and durability. The ergonomic handle and light weight shaft reduce fatigue.Learn MoreLarge Post Fitting Pliers$69.50
Our large post fitting pliers are a specialized tool for reducing the center hole of a woodwind post to remove play between the post and rod that travels through it. When the hole in a post is too large for the rod that travels through it, even properly fitted keys are noisy and difficult to adjust. Precision adjustments are nearly impossible. Until we designed these pliers, fixing these posts was very difficult. Technicians would need to float solder into the post head, sleeve the post head, oversize the rod or, in the case where it is the last post on a stack, split the end of the screw slot. These procedures are very time consuming or unsightly. Fitting posts with these pliers takes seconds and the resulting job is invisible and long-lasting.Learn MoreView as List Grid