Search results for: 'screw'
- Screw Pitch Gauge
Starting at $13.25
This high quality, custom set of Thread pitch gauges contains all the thread sizes commonly used in band instrument repair. Use this tool to find the thread pitch on any screw.Learn More
To use the thread pitch gauge, simply match the threads on any screw or rod to the ridged edge of the corresponding leaf. American Unified threads (UNC, UNF) and metric threads are defined by two dimensions, the thread size and the thread pitch. Unified threads use nominal gauge sizes for the thread diameter and threads-per-inch (TPI) for the thread pitch. For example: A 3-48 thread means the thread is 3 gauge (0.099 inch major diameter) and has 48 threads per inch. Metric threads use the actual major diameter (outside diameter of male threads) in millimeters for the size, and the distance between threads for the pitch. A M2.5x0.45 thread has a major diameter of 2.5mm and a pitch of 0.45mm.
To determine the threads on a rod or screw: First measure the major diameter with a digital caliper and compare it to this table of threads. Male threads are cut with a certain tolerance for how tight they will fit. This means the measured diameter will almost always be slightly smaller than the defined thread size. Every thread size has certain pitches that are commonly used, typically only two or three. Once you have determined the size you will have a narrow list of potential pitches. Use the thread pitch gauge to find which one matches your threads. Special thanks to Jerry Gilbert and Wayne Tanabe for making this chart available.
Screw Pitch Gauge Metric: 0.25-2.5mm threads
Screw Pitch Gauge Standard: 4-84 standard threads
- Flute Screw Block$13.00
- Clarinet Screw Block$14.00
- Saxophone Key Adjustment Levers
Starting at $2.50
- Saxophone Screw Block$17.50This Screw Block will hold pivot screws from all makes and models of saxophones. There are also places for guard screws, neck screws, lyre screws as well as holes for miscellaneous screws. Each block has a convenient thru-hole to allow for storage on a nail or hook. The blocks are durable with a surface that is resistant to oils and grease. Learn More
- Loctite Thread Lock$18.50Loctite 222 is excellent for holding small diameter screws in place on woodwind instruments. Adjustment screws, set screws, pivot screws and all brass screws can be held tight with loctite 222 but can be easily removed at a later time. Be sure to use this low strength loctite and not the stronger, often permanent varieties on woodwind instruments. Learn More
- Neoprene Cord
Starting at $1.13Neoprene cord has a variety of uses in the woodwind and brass repair industry. The larger sizes of cord are used for rotor stops on brass instruments and the smaller sizes are used in woodwind repair. Use Neoprene to replace corks, adjustment screws and felts on an instrument. This material works especially well under adjustment screws on Selmer and Yamaha saxophones. Sold in three foot lengths. Learn More
- Spring Removing Pliers$30.00Woodwind springs that are broken inside a post can be difficult to remove. Tapping out broken springs with a pointed punch can move the post. With these spring removing pliers, pressure is placed on both sides of the post to reduce the possibility of accidentally moving the post while removing the spring. One jaw is rounded to fit the post while the other jaw has a pointed screw to press the spring through the post. Length: 5.5 in. or 140 mm Learn More
- Plastic File Handle$4.50This heavy duty file handle will last through the life of many files. Insert the file into the threaded end of the handle and screw into place. The file self centers and will not move once in place. To remove the file from the handle unscrew the file from the handle and insert a new file.
Length: 4 inches or 101mm. Learn More
- Screwdriver and Pad Prick Set$11.75
A great screw driver and pad prick set for a the do-it-yourselfer or for a anyone on the go. Perfect for emergencies and quick repairs. Small enough to keep in the accessory compartment of a woodwind case.
-1 steel handle
-4 slotted blades - .055”/.070”/.080”/.100”
-1 steel awl
Packed in a small plastic tube to keep all the parts secure in your case or on your bench.Learn More