Search results for: 'pivot screws saxophone'
- Did you mean
- pivot screw saxophone
- Saxophone Key Adjustment Levers
Starting at $2.50
- Saxophone Screw Block$17.50This Screw Block will hold pivot screws from all makes and models of saxophones. There are also places for guard screws, neck screws, lyre screws as well as holes for miscellaneous screws. Each block has a convenient thru-hole to allow for storage on a nail or hook. The blocks are durable with a surface that is resistant to oils and grease. Learn More
- Clarinet Screw Block$14.00
- Screw Pitch Gauge
Starting at $13.25
This high quality, custom set of Thread pitch gauges contains all the thread sizes commonly used in band instrument repair. Use this tool to find the thread pitch on any screw.Learn More
To use the thread pitch gauge, simply match the threads on any screw or rod to the ridged edge of the corresponding leaf. American Unified threads (UNC, UNF) and metric threads are defined by two dimensions, the thread size and the thread pitch. Unified threads use nominal gauge sizes for the thread diameter and threads-per-inch (TPI) for the thread pitch. For example: A 3-48 thread means the thread is 3 gauge (0.099 inch major diameter) and has 48 threads per inch. Metric threads use the actual major diameter (outside diameter of male threads) in millimeters for the size, and the distance between threads for the pitch. A M2.5x0.45 thread has a major diameter of 2.5mm and a pitch of 0.45mm.
To determine the threads on a rod or screw: First measure the major diameter with a digital caliper and compare it to this table of threads. Male threads are cut with a certain tolerance for how tight they will fit. This means the measured diameter will almost always be slightly smaller than the defined thread size. Every thread size has certain pitches that are commonly used, typically only two or three. Once you have determined the size you will have a narrow list of potential pitches. Use the thread pitch gauge to find which one matches your threads. Special thanks to Jerry Gilbert and Wayne Tanabe for making this chart available.
Screw Pitch Gauge Metric: 0.25-2.5mm threads
Screw Pitch Gauge Standard: 4-84 standard threads
- Flute Screw Block$13.00
- Ultimax Pivot and Roller Lubricant
Starting at $6.60Noisy rollers and clicking pivots are a thing of the past. Ultimax Pivot and Roller Lubricant is an amazing sticky oil that grabs both surfaces and traps in air bubbles, creating a thick, air-packed liquid bearing surface that takes up space in key mechanisms. This liquid bearing surface allows keys to move freely without noise even when there is excessive play in the mechanism. There is nothing better for silencing rollers and key pivots. Learn More
- The Saxophone is my Voice$37.95
- Loctite Thread Lock$18.50Loctite 222 is excellent for holding small diameter screws in place on woodwind instruments. Adjustment screws, set screws, pivot screws and all brass screws can be held tight with loctite 222 but can be easily removed at a later time. Be sure to use this low strength loctite and not the stronger, often permanent varieties on woodwind instruments. Learn More