Search results for: 'tone hole files'
- Wooden Handled Pin Vise$7.50This wooden handled pin vise is excellent for many jobs around the shop. Unlike our plastic handled pin vise, this unit is a solid one piece tool; the handle and the collect move together. This pin vise is ideal for non-drilling tasks. In our shop we use it as a scribe and a handle for gravers. This pin vise is also perfect for holding hooked pad pricks and needle files. Includes two collets.
Length: 3.56 inches or 9cm. Learn More
- ABS Rod Stock
Starting at $1.45ABS Rod Stock is an excellent material for replacing any part on the body of a plastic woodwind instrument. Most plastic woodwind instruments are made from ABS. Use this for replacing clarinet or oboe tenons, tone holes and sockets on any size of plastic woodwind instrument you have in your shop. ABS is easily machined and is great for bonding with adhesives such as epoxies and cyanoacrylates. Sold in one foot lengths. Color: Black Learn More
- Flute Dent Barrels
Starting at $22.00
An accessory that pairs with the 5/8th or 3/4 inch dent rod. You’ll love how fast, safe, and easy it is to remove dents with a barrel shape. The Stainless Steel Flute Dent Barrel threads onto the end of the dent rod, and the result is a strong radius for removing dents from the inside of the flute by using pressure on the rod and Dent Barrel. On an extremely damaged flute, use the dent barrel to make way for the body mandrel to go through the body. It also works great for pushing up low spots on tone holes or raising posts that are low or have been pushed in.Learn More
- Steel Hand Vise$16.49This Steel Hand Vise holds key arms, guards, and small parts firmly for accurate filing, sawing, soldering, polishing, or modifying. With its hexagonal handle, this tool can either be held in the hand, as the name implies, or fastened securely in a bench vise. The smooth jaws will not mar keys or other small finished parts. The handle is hollow for small rods to pass through it if necessary. Simply tighten the screw to securely grip the part you are working on. The compact size and nifty design allows you to rotate your work piece quickly and effortlessly. Max Jaw Opening: 5mm (0.197") Jaw Depth: 10.5mm (0.414") Jaw Width: 17.0mm (0.675") Overall Length: 11.5cm (4.50") Learn More
- Broaches$40.25This assortment of 12 tapered broaches contains all the necessary sizes for use on woodwinds. These tools are excellent whenever a non-threaded hole needs to be enlarged or rounded. We use these for enlarging flat spring holes, spring holes in posts and other general purpose work. These broaches are not recommended for use on hinge tubes as they are designed to cut a tapered hole. Assortment covers drill sizes 30-70.
Can be used with any of our pin vises. We highly recommend using these broaches with our Swivel Head Pin Vise because it can hold any of the sizes in this assortment. Learn More
- Saxophone Screw Block$18.50This Screw Block will hold pivot screws from all makes and models of saxophones. There are also places for guard screws, neck screws, lyre screws as well as holes for miscellaneous screws. Each block has a convenient thru-hole to allow for storage on a nail or hook. The blocks are durable with a surface that is resistant to oils and grease. Learn More
- Large Post Fitting Pliers$69.50
Our large post fitting pliers are a specialized tool for reducing the center hole of a woodwind post to remove play between the post and rod that travels through it. When the hole in a post is too large for the rod that travels through it, even properly fitted keys are noisy and difficult to adjust. Precision adjustments are nearly impossible. Until we designed these pliers, fixing these posts was very difficult. Technicians would need to float solder into the post head, sleeve the post head, oversize the rod or, in the case where it is the last post on a stack, split the end of the screw slot. These procedures are very time consuming or unsightly. Fitting posts with these pliers takes seconds and the resulting job is invisible and long-lasting.Learn More
- Double Sided Pad Slick$6.75This small tool is a padders best friend. When installing woodwind pads with shellac, it is important that the pad hit the tone chimney evenly around the entire circumference. After heating the shellac behind the pad, use this tool to press up any high spots or parts of the pad that hit before the others. Once all the high spots have been lowered, use the Pad leveling tool to pull up any low spots in the pad. The long reach and special arch of this tool help to reach the back of the pad for leveling.
Length: 7.25 inches or 18.5cm. Learn More
- Ceramic Soldering Block$19.25This handy little block is ideal for brazing. The 1/16" (1.6mm) holes in this will help to reflect heat back into the parts you are working on. This board will withstand temperatures up to 6000 degrees Fahrenheit (3315 degrees Celsius). 4.5" diameter (11.4cm) 1" Thickness Learn More
- Saxophone Rod Block$18.50Keep parts organized when the instrument is disassembled. This block is designed so the longest rods are located at the back to avoid reaching over them. There are labeled holes for the 27 most common rods, and places for 3 miscellaneous rods. There are holes for rollers up to 6mm in diameter which will accommodate most makes and models of saxophones. This rod block can be used for any size of saxophone. Learn More
- The Clarinet Revealed$37.95