Search results for: 'tool hole files'
- Did you mean
- tool hole fire
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Flute
Starting at $12.00
- Theo Wanne Refacing Files and Sanding Tools$59.95
- Jim Schmidt Diamond Abrasive Tone Hole Files for Sax
Starting at $38.50
These are the smoothest, fastest cutting files you can buy. Nothing compares to diamonds.
The rotary tone hole file set comes with 6 machined discs ranging from 18mm to 50mm in diameter (suitable for Altos & Tenors). The discs can be used to check the flatness of a tone hole by placing a disc (bare metal side down) over a tonehole and using a leak light. To file down high spots of a tone hole, the file is placed on the tonehole and turned with a wrench while applying pressure.
Smaller files can be stacked under larger files to act as a pilot for centering the file on the tonehole.Learn More
- Wooden File Handle$2.75For some, there is no substitute for a good wooden file handle. The smooth and rounded edges of this file fit the hand very well. Press the end of your file in to the hole in the handle of this tool and tap it in place with a mallet. Remove the file and reuse the handle when the file becomes dull.
Length: 4.25 inches or 11.0cm. Learn More
- Open Hole Flute Tool$72.50
- Complete Tone Hole File Set$415.00
The Complete Tone Hole Set now includes:
- Complete set of 6 medium grit files for altos and tenors.
- The large 2 1/2" medium grit baritone sax file.
- 27 pilot set. 20 plus 7 additional Jim Schmidt Pilots
- UltiMax Lubricant, for oiling the files while cutting.
- Wrench driver with handle for hand filing.
- 9" drill driver extension for the bottom stack and bell keys.
- 3" drill driver extension for palm keys, side keys, and top stack.
- 7 mounting screws to save time- one for each file.
- Small Wooden File Handle$6.25Out of stock
For some, there is no substitute for a good wooden file handle. The smooth and rounded edges of this file fit the hand very well. 1/8 inch brass collet end for comfortably holding the small Swiss files. Move the file handle from file to file without tools.
Length: 4.25 inches or 11.0cm.Learn More
- Individual Diamond Tone Hole File Replacement Skins
Starting at $22.00
- Hand Files
Starting at $28.65An excellent quality file is a very useful tool in a woodwind or brass repair shop. Both flat and curved files are available in coarse and fine grits. The curved file features a flat side and curved side for reaching areas the flat file cannot. Use these files for making or altering any woodwind key or brass surface. If you find that you need a file for brass and steel, you may want to order two sets rather than using one file for both metals. No shop can be without a set of these excellent Swiss made files.
6.0 inch (150mm) File Surface Learn More
- Plastic File Handle$4.50This heavy duty file handle will last through the life of many files. Insert the file into the threaded end of the handle and screw into place. The file self centers and will not move once in place. To remove the file from the handle unscrew the file from the handle and insert a new file.
Length: 4 inches or 101mm. Learn More
- Sax Bell Rim Tools
Starting at $285.60